Monday, August 24, 2009

Katie Learns How to Jerk

You've probably heard of the new trend in rap music; It's called jerking and I was enamored at first sight. It's a complicated dance that's usually accompanied by a song that announces that jerking is taking place. After hearing "You're a Jerk" by New Boyz, I decided to give myself a week to learn to jerk and to document my progress, day by day.

To give you some context, here's the music video for Audio Push's song "Teach Me How to Jerk". I was reluctant to post it because it will only serve to highlight my glaring incompetence, but I'd be doing you a cultural disservice by depriving you of proper jerking.


Thankfully for me, there is no shortage of how-to videos on YouTube.
Jerking is comprised of three parts; The Jerk, the Reject, and the Dip.
Jerking itself is the bit where you bend at the knee and waggle your legs
apart and together again. Rejecting is like a backwards Running-Man.
I never got the hang of Dipping, so I pretty much just skipped it.

When I started this project, I really didn't imagine myself incapable.
However, as it turns out, my heritage will not be disguised. With my
pasty visage and red hair, I possess the uncanny ability to make absolutely
anything look like Irish step-dancing. The result of my efforts is certainly
far from the worst Jerking video on the internet, but it's not good either.
Without further ado, I present my opus:

6 comments:

  1. 1. Mr. Price Tag is mighty fine.
    2. I think it looks more like aerobics than Irish step dancing.
    3. I really like your red pants.
    4. That was fucking funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, we need to get you a better bra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that was awesome. I love looking at all of the different places. Who is Mr. Price Tag?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, while I definitely agree that bras are in order, I don't think it would make that much of a difference. Price Tag is the cute guy in the first video.

    ReplyDelete